Would You Like Some Cheese With That Whine?
Strategies for Overcoming Negativity
Statistics tells us that 78% of daily conversation is negative. (Good grief!) Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
Your workplace is seething with hostility and negativity. No matter where the negativity begins, it’s up to you to help make the atmosphere more positive, productive and supportive. How you address negativity depends on whether you control it or it controls you!
• How to understand negativity and its causes
• The high cost of negativity in the workplace: turnover, lack of trust, burnout and lethargy
• The many disguises of negativity: Blamers, Chronic Complainers, Nasty-Nicers, Yes But-ers, Whiners, Procrastinators and others
• Clear definitions of pessimism and optimism
• How to replace negative self-talk with positive affirmation
• To explore the effects of attitude
• The importance of humor in every situation
• Re-framing: getting a new perspective
• To acknowledge the power of thankfulness and gratitude
• To empower and energize yourself to bring about change in your own life